According to a poll conducted by the consulting firm Twentysomething Inc., 85% of graduates will soon remember “what Mom’s cooking tastes like.” In other words, some 85% of college grads are moving home (Time Newsfeed). Sociologist Katherine Newman, based on her research concluded that “well over half of college graduates move back home.”
It is safe to say that somewhere between 50% and 85% of all college grads move home because they are unemployed or underemployed – and can’t sustain an independent lifestyle.
Can you relate?
The Job Market Is NOT to Blame
Yes, the job market is a challenge – but there are plenty of jobs open and ready to be filled. Here are some facts that parents and live-at-home college grads must acknowledge:
1) Grads haven’t been taught how to campaign for a job in a confident and enthusiastic manner; or how to create resumes and portfolios that will get them noticed and hired.
2) Grads haven’t been informed that they will average 29 jobs in their work life; and are unprepared for this.
3) Grads, on average, spend less than 5 hours a week actively and productively seeking jobs.
4) Grads (or parents) invested a fortune for “degrees”… but invested little, or nothing at all, in job campaigns.
A “5 Steps” Quiz for Grads:
1) Do you have a confident and positive ATTITUDE – where you awake every morning eager to put in a good day’s work to land the job you want at the pay you deserve?
2) Do you have a career or job GOAL that excites you and that you will work hard and relentlessly to attain?
3) Do you have an exciting VALUE-BASED RÉSUMÉ, REFERENCE PORTFOLIO, and LINKEDIN profile that are “self-marketing profiles on steroids”… or are they boring, assembly line, chronological obituaries?
4) Do you have a well-thought-out WRITTEN STRATEGY with weekly tasks and goals – or are you waking up every morning and simply winging it?
5 Steps to Rapid Employment™
There are plenty of jobs out there. But employers hire based on one’s value, not one’s need to get a job. Jay Block’s 5 Steps to Rapid Employment™ is a motivational, effective, and award winning program recognized by the Dept. of Labor as a best-practice… where 80% of all job seekers land jobs quickly.
What makes this program so effective?
1) Grads are taught how to proactively campaign for jobs, just like politicians do; job search doesn’t work
2) Grads learn their market value and what results and contributions they can produce for employers
3) Grads create exciting tools and effective strategies that promote confidence, courage, and employment
4) Grads learn an easy 5-step process that virtually guarantees ‘rapid’ employment
5) The program is cutting edge, updated regularly to meet the new, transformational workplace
Is a College Graduate’s Career Worth $395?
Contact us now to take your job campaign to a whole new level! What is it worth to give college grads the ability to land a job so they can become independent… for life?
Don’t just take my word for it…
Click here to watch real-life student testimonials and to read the case study that resulted in the nomination for a U.S. Department of labor promising practice.
Click here for more detailed information and a short demonstration of this revolutionary program.